photo home_zps6ae9a4a3.png  photo meettheteacher_zpsc75489a5.png  photo myclassroom_zpsedbc3ed3.png  photo freebies_zps03bb362b.png

Friday, December 27, 2013

13 in 13: {linky party}

       I am very excited as a new blogger to share with you my year in favorites and help you to get to know me a little bit better!  
     I am going to say this first my #1 one favorite for 2013 is that I FINALLY got up the courage to start this little blog of mine and open my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Both of these things have been goals for years but I was always too afraid to put myself out there like that!  Well, no longer!!  I can mark it off my list!  I am excited to see where this little adventure leads!

NOW--finally...my 13 of 13!


13.  Favorite Article of Clothing
     
     Well, if I must say, my favorite article of clothing...ALWAYS...is flip flops or sandals!!!  They represent all that is good in life...warmth, sunshine, and comfort!  Although, being an Ohio girl I only get a few short months every year to enjoy them!  I bought these pretty shoes for school this year and I loved them!! Super comfy and I love the color!

12.  Favorite movie I watched
     
     Hmmmm...my favorite movie of 2013...this is tough for me.  I love to watch movies but I don't always stay awake for the whole thing (YES, even at theaters) and most of the time I don't remember them!  Let me see...got it...Catching FIre.  I was trying to remember a movie that I really anticipated coming out and this was definitely the most anticipated film of 2013 and one of a handful I stayed awake for!  Plus...who doesn't love Katniss Everdeen!




11.  Favorite TV Series

     This one is much easier...SCANDAL!!  I started watching it on Netflix this summer and I am hooked!!  This season has been jaw dropping to say the least!!

10.  Favorite restaurant
  
     My husband and I love J. Alexanders.  It is are go to restaurant for a special occasion and sometimes just because!!  

9.  Favorite New Thing I Tried

    I already spoke of this and I just may speak of it again...the favorite thing I tried this year is this!!  Talking to all of you (if there is anyone out there) on this little blog of mine.

8.  Favorite Gift I Got

    I got a remote start for my car!!  Wooohoooo!  Remember those flip-flops I told you about earlier!  Well, I love flip-flops because I love warmth and,baby, it is COLD outside!  My least favorite part of 2013 or ever is freezing my behind off every day driving to work.  No more...no more...no more!!!  

7.  Favorite thing I pinned

     Anything that I actually tried after I pinned it!!!  It doesn't happen often but when it does I feel so accomplished.  On Christmas Eve I got a craving for Cinnamon Sugar Pecans (you know the ones that make the mall or anywhere else smell like heaven!).  I have never made them but I happened to have a huge bag of pecans that would just waiting to be coated in sugar and cinnamon.  Well, I found this recipe on Pinterest and oh my goodness they were divine.  (BONUS...my house smelled like heaven!)  




6.  Favorite BLOG post

     Well...the first one of course!  You should check it out!  It was a milestone for me!

5.  Best accomplishment

     The Real World First Grade (My blog of course!)  Also, I have applied for a Master's program and, if all goes well, I will be starting in March of 2014!! 

4.   Favorite picture
      
     This one:



  
     Ok, ok...I know that this is not a picture of me.  This is my backyard in the summertime.  I can honestly say that this picture reminds me of all things that are good in life!  My garden reminds me of my grandma, summer, warmth, and feeling at peace!

3.  Favorite memory

     My husband and I rented a little cottage on a lake this summer for our vacation.  It wasn't far from home and it wasn't fancy, but it was perfect.  It reminded me of my summers as a little girl.  




2.  Goal for 2014   

       My goal for this year is to keep blogging and working on my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  I also hope to start my Master's program and find success with that!

1.  One little word


    Courage



2 comments :

  1. I love the name of your blog. First grade is the best, although its filled with ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love first grade!!! It has ups and downs for sure. It is hard work being a first grade teacher!! I can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete