photo home_zps6ae9a4a3.png  photo meettheteacher_zpsc75489a5.png  photo myclassroom_zpsedbc3ed3.png  photo freebies_zps03bb362b.png

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Few of My Christmas Favorites





I may as well start of with a bang and join my first LINKY! I am linking up with Fabulous in First to share some of my Christmas favorites!  SO....here goes...these are just a few of my favorite Christmas things!

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?

Hot chocolate.  As a child I LOVED eggnog (minus the good stuff!).  These days I have NO desire!  


Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?


When I was growing up Santa brought the presents.  Although, Santa was NOT good at keeping the wrapping or the secret hiding spots of his presents very much of a secret!!  I don't have any children and I still don't put presents under the tree until Christmas Eve.  


Colored lights or white lights?


White lights for me...I just think they are so perfect and peaceful.


When do you decorate?

Hi! My name is Megan and I...uhhh...don't always decorate for Christmas.  Yes...it is true.  As much as I hate to admit it I don't always decorate.  I will be honest...I have FIVE animals who like to terrorize all my beautiful stuff and who have been known, on occasion, to knock over my tree.  Also, I don't have any children and sometimes I don't want to do all that work for just the two of us!  When I do decorate it is after Thanksgiving.  This girl can only handle one holiday at a time!

***DISCLAIMER  For those who may think I am a Grinch please be aware...I do have a beautiful little tree I put up in my classroom!  It is all covered with pink and purple and blue and green and ribbon and shiny things and...it is perfect!

Real or Fake tree?

As a child ALWAYS a real tree!  My mission as an adult...ALWAYS a real tree!  When I do decorate it is a fake tree but I will one day get my real one!  I know they are messy and leave little pine needles all over the floor but, to me, a real tree is just more Christmasy! (We can make up our own words on our blog...right???)


What tops your tree?

Always a big, bea-u-ti-ful bow!  My grandma always had a bow on the top of her tree and, I must say, I am a girl after my grandma's heart!

Favorite Christmas Memory?


I have so many...Christmas was my favorite holiday as a child.  It always seemed so magical.  I grew up with my grandparents and so Christmas Day at my house was HUGE!  All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there.  My favorite part was Christmas Eve because (and you can all let out a huge gasp and let your jaw drop) that is when we put up our Christmas tree.  My grandma raised six small children and it had become a tradition long before me that Santa brought the tree and put it up.  Now, when I was little it wasn't Santa that put it up but we still did it on Christmas Eve.  It was awesome coming down the stairs on Christmas morning and that was my first time seeing the fully decorated tree and all the presents underneath.  I think it lent itself perfectly to the "magic" of the season.  When I have my own children this will be our tradition!


Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?


I don't remember one gift in particular. However, my grandmother passed away five years ago and I found a picture of a Christmas when I was probably four or five.  In the picture she is in her nightgown (It must be Christmas morning) and she has a doll standing next to her (It must be 2 ft. tall) and behind her was my chalkboard!  I don't remember getting it for Christmas, but I do remember loving it!  It was on a little stand and you could flip it from one side to the other.  One side was green and one side was black. I LOVED that little chalkboard.  I don't know how many hours I spent playing school and writing names on that board...lol!   It is still hanging on the wall at my grandparent's lake house.  


Do you prefer giving or receiving?


Giving!  However, I have a hard time picking out gifts for people.  I am always on the hunt for what will be perfect for them and it usually turns into a nightmare for me!  I go to a million different stores and then end up back at the first store with the first thing I thought would be perfect...ughh!!  

What is your favorite Christmas Song?


Carol of the Bells...love, love, love.  Although, on any given day in December you can see me rockin' out to any and all Christmas music on my way to school!


Candy Canes.  Yuck or Yum?


I am really indifferent on this one.  I like one or two candy canes a season...maybe?  They do make the previously mentioned hot chocolate taste pretty delicious though!


Favorite Christmas Movie?


Elf


Do you shop online or in stores?


Both!


Photo cards, letter, or store bought card?


Photo cards







No comments :

Post a Comment