photo home_zps6ae9a4a3.png  photo meettheteacher_zpsc75489a5.png  photo myclassroom_zpsedbc3ed3.png  photo freebies_zps03bb362b.png

Monday, December 23, 2013

What is the Real World First Grade?

   I am linking up with Simply Kinder for a teaching blog linky.  I thought since I am a brand new "newbie"  I would link back to my very first post!  

 

      Well, here goes nothing.  A moment of pure and complete honesty.  This is my third or fourth (ok...maybe tenth) attempt at starting my own teacher blog!  I got several up and started over the years.  All under different names but I never promoted them or took them beyond a post or two.  Why?  

Was it laziness?  No.

Was it inability? No. 

It was FEAR!  

Complete and unadulterated FEAR!


 I was fully convinced that I was not good enough and my ideas weren't valid enough to share with others.  I have been a blog stalker for years (more recently I have begun to stalk on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter...oh, my!).   I look at all these blogs and all these other teachers and I tell myself that they are perfect.  If not perfect then they MUST at least be better than lil ol' me.  I know that this is not true, but for years I have not been able to get out of my own head and move past this CRAZINESS!
     Don't get me wrong...I LOVE all the other bloggers out there...LOVE them!!  I just never felt like I could be one of them!  Well, no longer!  It is official world...I am a teacher blogger!  I cannot wait to share the REAL WORLD coming and goings of my first grade classroom!!  



2 comments :

  1. Congrats Megan. I love reading your blog. Maybe one day I will start one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deana! It is a fun way to be a little creative!!

      Delete